Building screen and keyboard RAM

tyler1313
I'm trying to build the hack computer on a program called logisim. I'm curious about how to build some of the built in chips in this course as there is no explanation of how there are built here. If I was going to build say the screen and keyboard RAM, how big (how many registers) would they each be and would I build them exactly the same as the RAM16k chip? In this case, the only difference between the RAM 16K and the screen/keyboard RAM is that the value of the screen registers affects the pixels on screen and the value of the keyboard registers is affected by keyboard input?

Re: Building screen and keyboard RAM

The main problem with Screen and Keyboard with Logisim are that you can't connect what you build with your PC's screen or keyboard.

IvanT build a custom component for Logisim that is the nt2 Screen and you can use Logisim's built-in Keyboard component.

Here an example of aLogisim computer Using ivant's Screen

--Mark