Difference between the 2 test files in Simple Function

Difference between the 2 test files in Simple Function

solaris208
In simplefunction.tst ram[312] is set to 1000 but in simplefunctionVME.tst argument[2] is set to 9. As these two addresses point to the same registor in the ram I'm unsure which is correct or if they both are. Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Difference between the 2 test files in Simple Function

WBahn
Administrator
Neither is correct or incorrect. It is the return address and it doesn't get checked, so it doesn't matter.

The test script does something that I think is bad practice. It uses two values from the local segment but doesn't initialize them, it merely assumes that they will contain zero.

It would be good if both scripts used the same return address, and that probably was the intention, but since it doesn't matter the scripts probably deviated at some point and it didn't get noticed.

Re: Difference between the 2 test files in Simple Function

solaris208
Ok, thanks for clarifying!