I was able to find a previous post about fixing this issue with the horizontal scrolling, however when I tried to follow the steps I kept having issues compiling all of the files. I'm fairly new to this course and I'm not very experienced in editing and recompiling code.
I was working on improving the software suite with various fixes and new features. As part of this, I have imported the code in github and have "mavenized" it, meaning that it's very easy to build. The code up to commit 32665f0 is basically the original sources moved a bit in different directories + one fix (renamed a variable named "enum" to "en") + maven's pom.xml files.
After that I added some new features, like:
a simple VM profiler, which can count how many times a specific function was called and how many times a specific instruction was executed.
a step-over for the VMEmulator - which can be used to treat calls to subroutines as a single step and you'll just end up on the instruction after the call (assuming the emulator doesn't hit other breakpoints during the call)
I also incorporated some of the fixes found in these forums, including the scroll problem. You can check the commits for more info.