How to compile the source code on linux?

How to compile the source code on linux?

lulpl
Hello!

I'm very grateful that the sources to nand2tetris are available!

I was just wondering how to compile them?

just using javac "filename.java" I was able to compile 50 of the but the other 200 would give errors.

If anyone had a script or rough outline how to build it all that would be a huge help! cheers

Re: How to compile the source code on linux?

ivant
Take a look at this project (shameless self promo). I've made several changes to the original sources. Here is the highlight:
  • Mavenized - moved the sources in a directory structure which maven expects.
  • Fixed some build errors (e.g. the original code used "enum" as a variable name, which is now a keyword)
  • VM profiler - a simple profiler, which shows info about how many times each function was called and how many times each instruction was executed
  • Step over - the VM emulator can now step over a function call, which is very useful for debugging
  • Don't litter with .dat files. The tools now store their preferences (last used directory really) in a platform-specific place (e.g. registry under windows). Uses Java API designed for this stuff
  • Incorporated several bugfixes posted in this forum by others, like the horizontal scroll problem and the Math.multiply and Math.devide overflow bugs

Re: How to compile the source code on linux?

ybakos
Awesome!