Not suitable for netbooks

culchie
Small point and possibly awkward to rectify but part of the window of the hardware simulator etc are not visible on my netbook.

Re: Not suitable for netbooks

culchie
There is a way of making your (windows) netbook show higher resolutions
Go to display properties (R-click on desktop and select properties) -> settings -> Advanced -> Monitor and there un-check the box captioned "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" and thereafter higher resolutions will be available for display. You need at least 1024 by 768

Re: Not suitable for netbooks

mmiller7
You might find some helpful tips in this thread:

http://questions-and-answers-forum.32033.n3.nabble.com/Workaround-Can-t-resize-HW-Simulator-window-to-see-error-output-td2548559.html

It's still a major pain (I really wanted to use my Ubuntu netbook) but at least it's technically possable.  In my case if I forced a higher resolution, the display just went blank.