Testing "Xxx.hack" into "Assembler"

rauls

Hello!
I'm doing project 6. The task without programming. I translated the program "maxL.asm" into binary code. In the notepad (text file) named "Program.hack"

The problem is that when I load into the "Assembler" my file
 "Program.hack" to compare a message appears in "Error file" line 0 does not contain exactly 16 characters.

So I can not load my "Program.hack" file to verify that it is correct.

Thank you!

Re: Testing "Xxx.hack" into "Assembler"

Check for text encoding. The tools don't like Unicode. Most text editors default to saving files in UTF-8. You need to save your files in ANSI (ASCII) encoding.

Also check for leading or trailing tabs or spaces.

If you can't get it working, feel free to send me your file.

Re: Testing "Xxx.hack" into "Assembler"

rauls
MaxL.hack

Follows the upload of my file. (Maxl.hack)
I already coded for "ANSI"

But the "error file" message remains.

Thank you!

Re: Testing "Xxx.hack" into "Assembler"

rauls

OK!
Sorted out.
I coded for ASCII.
Now the "error file" disappears.

I can compare my "Maxl.hack" file by loading it into the assembler.
Anyway ...

Thanks a lot for the help.