Where is DFF clock input?

tyler1313
In Bit.hdl, DFF is used with one input and output.
PARTS:
    DFF(in=muxout, out=ffout, out=out);

However, everywhere I look and even in the Nand2tetris book, there is supposed to be a clock input as well. Why is the clock input missing from Bit.hdl? The reason I ask is that I want to build the entire hack computer but I cannot do that without knowing where all of the inputs/outputs are going and there seem to be some missing from the built in chips such as the DFF chip. Also curious how this computer works in the hardware simulator if some chips are missing inputs or outputs.

Re: Where is DFF clock input?

ybakos
tyler1313,

The clock input is inferred, since it is composed of a DFF, which has a built-in implementation. See chapter 3, and also the bottom of slide #2 here: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/44046b_f594de40a9fc49daaceddc60d44812cc.pdf