ascii code provided in the book doesn't match the wiki page

ascii code provided in the book doesn't match the wiki page

social_loser
the ascii codes of   "newline", "backspace" and "double quote" provided in the book are  128, 129 , and 34, however it didn't match any thing I searched on the net. according to wikipedia , the codes should be  10 , 8 , and 34.

maybe this issue doesn't affect anything, but I want to make a note here.

Re: ascii code provided in the book doesn't match the wiki page

You are correct, the keyboard codes for the special keys are not ASCII.

    Key pressed   Code    Key pressed   Code

    newline       128     end           135
    backspace     129     page up       136
    left arrow    130     page down     137
    up arrow      131     insert        138
    right arrow   132     delete        139
    down arrow    133     esc           140
    home          134     f1–f12        141–152

Figure 4.6 Special keyboard codes in the Hack platform.

--Mark